Important Information for Producers

 
  
 

 Eligibility

 
Any individual producer, who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada and who has reached the age of majority in the province of operation, can make an application. Corporations, cooperatives and partnerships are also eligible.
If you or any related producer has an outstanding default on a previous or current crop year advance with any APP administrator, you will be ineligible for an advance under the Agricultural Marketing Programs Act (AMPA).
 

 Withhold

 
To cover the potential default liability obligations of the program and to cover interest charges, CCGA will withhold 2% on all advance amounts. All interest earned on the withhold amounts is used to offset administration costs.

The withhold amount will be issued back to the applicant (less any outstanding interest charges) upon full repayment of this advance, provided the advance has not gone into default. In the event that this advance goes into default, the withheld amount will be applied against the interest and principal amounts owing, as specified in AMPA.
 

 Repayment

 
The amount producers must repay to CCGA is the total of the cash advance cheque(s), plus the 2% withhold amount, plus the administration fee and any interest, if owing.

Repayments will first be applied to any default amounts outstanding then be applied against any interest free portion of an advance.

Producers are required to repay their advance as the commodity, for which the advance was taken, is sold. Read the Terms and Conditions in 3.0 of the Repayment Agreement about options
for repayment.

All cash repayments, as described in 3.0 of the Repayment Agreement, must be accompanied by the applicable sales receipt or cash ticket.
 

 Inspection

 
A field and/or inventory inspection may be required to verify compliance with the AMPA.
 

 Authorized Buyer

 

A list of authorized buyers can be found here.

2014 Authorized Buyers List

2013 Authorized Buyers List  

 

 

 

 

 

 Advance Limits

 
Producers can qualify for up to a maximum of $400,000 with the first $100,000 interest free. The interest free provision and maximum advance is cumulative over all organizations under the Advance Payments Program.

The maximum cumulative advance that can be issued to an applicant, including current outstanding advances (2011) and eligible advances for 2012, can at no time exceed $400,000.
 

 Administration Fees

 
CCGA will charge an administration fee for application processing. Fees are as follows:
1. $150.00 for each initial enrolment. If cancellation of the application takes place after a cheque has been printed, the administration fee will remain payable to CCGA.
2. $75.00 per application, will be applied for each subsequent application or if the producer chooses to use two (2) forms of security on one application.
 

 Producer Payments

 
Cheques to applicants will be issued less applicable application fees and withhold amounts. Producers applying for an Intended Seeded Pre-Harvest Advance are eligible to receive 60% of their requested advance upon approval of their application. The remaining 40% will be issued when CCGA receives the producer’s Actual Seeded Pre-Harvest Advance and a confirmed Seeded Acreage Report from their crop insurance agency.
 

 Interest Charges

 
Interest bearing advance accounts will have the interest added monthly and shown on their accounts. The interest rate, for the advance portion that will be interest bearing, is the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce prime lending rate, calculated daily and compounded monthly.
 

 Defaults

 
Advances must be repaid on or before September 30th of the end of the production period. Failure to do so will result in the producer’s account being declared in default. If an account is placed into default, the producer will be responsible to pay:
1. the outstanding amount of the advance
2. any interest charges on the outstanding advance calculated from the day the advance was issued until the advance is repaid
3. costs incurred by the Administrator to recover the outstanding advance (a standard rate of 5% will be applied to the outstanding balance as of 45 days after default), interest charges and applicable legal costs.