Whether you're just getting started or have been farming for years, a cash advance can unlock your farm's potential for growth. An advance gives you the flexibility to market your commodity when the time and price is best for you, increasing your farm's revenue. It also lowers your cost of production through low-interest financing solutions.
CCGA offers advances for all major field crops, honey and livestock in Western Canada. Having all your cash advance needs in one place saves you time.
Our customer service team is focused on delivering solutions for farmers every time, whether you use telephone services, our internet-based online solutions at www.ccga.ca or our handy CCGA Cash Advance App.
Whether you're applying on crops, honey, livestock or all of the above, you will only have to fill out one application and will be charged just one administration fee.
Advances available for 45 commodities, including all major field crops, honey and livestock types. These include:
Any farmer can apply, as long as they are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in the province where they farm. Corporations, cooperatives and partnerships are also eligible.
Farmers can apply for an advance throughout the program year. A spring grain advance must be secured by crop insurance or AgriStability. Post-harvest grain advances are secured by the unsold stored crop. To be eligible for a livestock advance, the animals must already be born and the advance must be secured by AgriStability.
CCGA cash advances are calculated based on advance rates. For crops and honey, these rates are per metric tonne or per pound. For livestock, the rates are per head. Rates vary by commodity and by province. The value of cash advances available to each farm is dependent on:
For grain, farmers can apply for a pre-harvest or spring advance either before or after planting. For pre-seeded advances, farmers receive 60% of their calculated advance when their application is approved. The remaining 40% is issued when CCGA receives the farmer's Actual Seeded Report.
Grain farmers can apply for an advance on stored grain at any time throughout the program year.
Livestock advances can be applied for anytime during the program year, as long as the stock applied on is already born. Advance rates vary for different types and weights of livestock.
CCGA advances are repaid as the commodities advanced on are sold. For grain, honey, goats, sheep and hogs, the advance must be repaid in full by September 30 of each 18-month program period. For cattle and bison, the advance must be repaid in full by March 31 of a 24-month program period. Continuous flow cattle and hog advances must be paid within 12 months of the advance being issued or by the end of the production period. Repayment options include:
Grain farmers who sell grain and make repayments prior to January 31 of the program year are no longer required to submit sales documentation.
For more information about cash advance programs offered through the Canadian Canola Growers Association visit www.ccga.ca or call our toll-free line 1-866-745-2256.
The cash advance program administered by CCGA is made available to Canadian farmers through Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Advance Payments Program.