Canadian Canola Growers Association

Applying for a Cash Advance

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​CCGA makes applying for a cash advance easy. Here’s what you need to get started.

How do I apply?

CCGA offers farmers a number of ways to apply for a cash advance, including:

​​Who can apply?

Any farmer can apply, as long as they are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in the province where they farm. Corporations, cooperatives, and partnerships are also eligible.

When should I apply?

Farmers can apply for an advance throughout the program year, with new program years beginning in April of each year. 

A spring crop or honey advance must be secured by crop insurance,​ AgriStability, or Global Ag Risk Solutions' Production Cost Insurance. Farmers receive 60% of an advance when an application is approved and the remaining 40% after seeding is complete, once CCGA receives an Actual Seeded Report.

Post-harvest crop advances are secured by the unsold stored crop and can be applied for at any time of the year. 

Livestock advances can be applied for anytime during the program year, as long as the stock applied on is already born. The advance must be secured by AgriStability.​

How can I get advance funds faster?​

  • Submit a complete application form. Incomplete applications create processing delays. Review the checklist in your application to ensure you’ve completed the forms and signatures and attached any required documentation.
  • Complete a telephone application. CCGA’s account representatives can help you fill out your application at no cost. Call 1‑866‑745‑2256, option ​​1, to apply.
  • Apply online: CCGA cash advance customers can apply online at Cash Advance Account Login.

How does an advance work?

CCGA cash advances are calculated based on advance rates. For crops and honey, these rates are per metric tonne or per pound. For livestock, the rates are per head. Rates vary by commodity and by province. The value of cash advances available to each farmer is dependent on:

  • ​The amount of commodity(s) or acres for which they apply,
  • The advance rate for that commodity,
  • Adjustment factors such as crop insurance or AgriStability coverage levels, and
  • Program eligibility limits.

For more information, refer to our FAQ or your cash advance application.