CCGA makes applying for a cash advance easy. Here’s what you need to get started.
How do I apply?
CCGA offers farmers a number of ways to apply for a cash advance, including:
Who can apply?
Any farmer can apply, as long as they are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in the province where they farm. Corporations, cooperatives and partnerships are also eligible.
When should I apply?
Farmers can apply for an advance throughout the program year, with new program years
beginning in April of each year.
A spring crop or honey advance must be secured by crop insurance, AgriStability, or Global Ag Risk Solutions' Production Cost Insurance. For these pre-harvest advances, farmers receive 60% of their calculated advance when their application is approved. The remaining 40% is issued when CCGA receives the farmer’s Actual Seeded Report.
- Important change to 2020 Advance Payments Program rules: Farmers are no longer able to remove commodities from an advance when completing the post-harvest report, unless those commodities are damaged. Commodities can still be added.
Post harvest crop advances are secured by the unsold stored crop and can be applied for at any time of the year.
Livestock advances can be applied for anytime during the program year, as long as the stock applied on is already born. The advance must be secured by AgriStability.
How can I get advance funds faster?
To ensure that CCGA can continue to provide cash advance services to farmers during COVID‑19, our staff are working remotely. This situation is impacting our ability to meet our normal processing service standards. Thank you for understanding. Please read COVID‑19: Doing our part may impact service levels.
When we receive a completed application at CCGA with no issues, under normal operating conditions (see note above), we strive to remit advance funds within 3‑5 business days. Here are some steps you can take to ensure you receive your funds as quickly as possible:
Submit a complete application form. Incomplete applications create processing delays. Review the checklist on pages 4-5 of your application to ensure you’ve completed the forms and signatures and attached any required documentation.
Complete a telephone application. CCGA’s account representatives can help you fill out your application at no cost. Call 1-866-745-2256, option 1, to apply.
Submit your application by email or fax. Download an application form here.
Choose direct deposit. Applicants who choose the direct deposit option will receive their advance funds several days sooner than producers who request a cheque through the mail.
How does an advance work?
CCGA cash advances are calculated based on
advance rates. For crops and honey, these rates are per metric tonne or per pound. For livestock, the rates are per head. Rates vary by commodity and by province. The value of cash advances available to each farmer is dependent on:
The amount of commodity(s) or acres for which they apply,
The advance rate for that commodity,
Adjustment factors such as crop insurance or AgriStability coverage levels, and
Program eligibility limits.
For more information, refer to
our FAQ or your
cash advance application.