Canadian Canola Growers Association

Repaying My Cash Advance

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Once you have your cash advance, you are responsible for repaying the total of advance funds issued plus any applicable interest.

When do I have to repay my advance?

Cash advances from CCGA must be repaid as the commodities advanced on are sold, within 30 days of receiving payment, and prior to the final repayment deadlines below.​

Assuming all application Dates & Deadlines​ are satisfied, the following repayment periods apply:

  • ​Advances on field crops, honey, goats, sheep, and lambs must be repaid in full by the September 30 end of the 18-month program year 
  • Advances on cattle and bison must be repaid in full by the March 31 end of the 24-month program year
  • Continuous flow advances on cattle and hogs must be repaid within 12 months of the advance being issued or by the September 30 end of the 18-month program year

How do I repay my advance?

Repaying your advance can be done directly to CCGA by sending us a cheque or sending funds through your financial institution, or indirectly through an authorized buyer. See below for when you need to submit Proof of Sale with your repayment.

  • Pay through your financial institution. You can pay CCGA directly through your financial institution, making repayments in-person, over the phone, or online. To do this, add “CCGA” as a Bill Payee, using your APP ID as your account number. If you have any questions about setting this up, call us at 1-866-745-2256, option 2. 
  • Send CCGA a cheque. You can mail a cheque referencing your APP ID to the attention of the “Repayments Department” at our Winnipeg office.
  • Pay through authorized buyer. For grain repayments only, you can request that an Authorized Buyer make a repayment to CCGA on your behalf, but remember that the buyer has up to 30 calendar days to remit that deduction. 

​When do I need to provide Proof of Sale and how do I submit it?

Proof of Sale documentation is required for all repayments, except:

  • Grain and honey repayments made directly to CCGA and received before January 31 of the given program year (e.g. for a 2024-25 advance, the deadline would be January 31, 2025​).
  • Grain repayments made on your behalf to CCGA through Authorized Buyers, since buyers include Proof of Sale information with repayments. 

To submit Proof of Sale, include your APP ID number and:

How do I check my account balance?

You have three ways to find the outstanding balance of your account: 

  1. Log in to your Cash Advance Account.​
  2. Call our Balance and Repayments Department at 1-866-745-2256, option 2. 
  3. Email our Balance and Repayments Department at

For further information about repayments, refer to our FAQ or your cash advance application.​​​​​​​​